Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quilting Arts Challenge Quilts Solar and Bloom on schedule. . .

Solar is together and ready for quilting.
The buttonhole stitch was used to join the rays to the blue background.
The free-motion zig-zag stitch was used to join the pink band to the yellow.  Putting "Solar" aside to be quilted later, I began work on the second version of this design, "Bloom."
This version of the design changes what was the blue background to flower petals which will now be in the forefront.
This is the applique detail of the petals,
and here is a close-up of the stitching detail.  I was enjoying my work on this project but had to quit to go to dinner with friends.  I am anxious to get back to it and hope to have more to show tomorrow or Tuesday.  The deadline to have these quilts done is Friday so I will keep you updated as I race to meet it.


Happy week to you,

No comments: