Saturday, September 29, 2012

Water Whimsies Follow Along Continues. . .

I'm finally getting back to working on my Water Whimsies shop sample.  It feels good to work on an applique project.  I haven't taken the time to do one for some time.
Here is the frog panel,
and the fish panel,
and finally, the water bird panel.  I like where it's going.  It certainly is bright, and pink.  I've liked the border fabric for some time and am happy for the chance to use it here.
All of the panels are put together and ready to be appliqued.  Each of the applique pieces have fusible interfacing on the backside to stabilize them as I satin stitch the pieces in place.
On the backside of each panel, I have placed a tear-away stabilizer.  This will stabilize the background as well.  I like my work to stay flat, no matter how much I stitch.  Stitching will now add the detail and create texture.

Until next time,

No comments: