Saturday, March 10, 2012

Twisted Fibers Friday begins. . .

Many art quilts today have a touch of hand stitching in them.  I am working toward including some in mine and thought it would be fun to share my learning process with others.  So Twisted Fibers Friday was born, a day of handwork scheduled for the 2nd Friday of each month to learn new things and share our knowledge with others of similar interests.  Our first day was more fun than I expected.
This is a colorful project begun by one quilter.  All details of this quilt will be hand stitched.
Here's a close-up of the field of flowers.  Aren't they darling?
This sunflower was designed by a quilter who has never done any handwork.
This buttonhole stitching is pretty good for someone who's never done it before, wouldn't you say?
This is the project I began.  It's a Sue Spargo pattern.  I completed the applique.
My choice for the buttonhole stitch was to make the stitches uneven.
My applique stitch was a little more even.  All is all it was a productive, relaxing day.  I look forward to next month's workshop.  Consider adding some hand stitching to your quilts.  You might be pleasantly surprised how much you like it.


Until next time,

No comments: