Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Finishes - Binding Basics. . .

Several Fridays have been spent discussing binding styles and when and why to use them.  The time has come to give instruction on how to sew them on.  Rather than reinvent the wheel, I found this wonderful website that I HIGHLY recommend, Jaybird Quilts, for the how-tos.  This site has lovely photos, detailed instructions and video on calculating binding fabric, making traditional and bias bindings, and other miscellaneous facts you might want to know.
While on the subject to other recommended sites, I have to sing praises for the Modern Quilt Guild blogs and websites.  While I REALLY love the quilting style of these quilters (making me a bit biased), I have been impressed with the professional look and information provided by these sites.  The majority of them work hard to give detailed instructions with clear photos.
 Watch for sites with this button and visit their main website http://themodernquiltguild.com/ to follow their blog.  The blog highlights quilts and sites by various quilt participants.


Happy Friday,

No comments: