Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eye Candy for a Sunday. . .

Yesterday I attended an art quilt show in Hamilton, MT hosted by In Good Company.  The quilts were awesome! so awesome I have to leave many of my photos at home but I felt the need to share with others what I loved so here are a few.
Loved the composition.
Great threadplay.
Cheesecloth adds texture.
Detail for above.
See photo below for detail to right of poppy.
This is crocheted beaded wire!
Simplicity at its best.
This exhibit was called the "Trunk Show."  There were 22 entries hanging from the ceiling.
Backside to quilt above.
Embellishment is dyed cheesecloth.
Fabric quilted and then glued to leather.
This quilt was part of a heart challenge.  The challenge was to have the pink cord enter the quilt on the left and depart on the right edge.  This quilt pulled at my heartstrings.  I appreciated its simplicity.


Many of these quilts were the result of techniques learned through In Good Company's TART (textile arts) program.  I highly recommend their monthly kit of some type of textile technique.  Please visit their site http://ingoodcohanddyes.com/textileartlessons.html if you are interested in further developing your art quilting skills.  My monthly art quilt workshop was inspired by what they began.


Enjoy your Sunday,

No comments: