Spring Bunny is finished and on its way to my sister's. It feels good to meet a deadline. LOL
My quilting was done by free-motion quilting with feed dogs down, and a darning foot attached. My preferred needle size is a 75/11 Quilting needle. This needle limits the fabric fraying. The quilting was begun by stitching in the ditch around the inner borders of each of the panels.
I then outlined each individual piece of applique that had a raw edge. I matched the thread color to each section I quilted.
The only exception to outlining each raw edge was for the word "Spring." Because the piece is quite skinny, I choose to stitch in the middle of each letter. This limited the possibility of fraying and kept the amount of thread from overwhelming the fabric.
I then cross-hatched the lower greens on the bunny panels.
The border was stitched with a vine of leaves all the way around. I machine-stitched the binding to the front, pulled it to the back and machine-stitched it from the front.
This was the first time I used tabs for the sleeve. To make the tabs I cut a 3 1/2" x WOF strip and sewed it right sides together with a 1/4" seam. The seam was pressed open and the sleeve pulled to the right side. It was then pressed flat with the seam centered to the back. The strip was then cut into 5" sections. I folded the sections in half and basted the raw edges to the top of the back of the quilt before the binding was sewn on. I then sewed the binding on as stated above. I like the look of the tabs and will definitely use them again.
I would love to hear your opinions of "Spring Bunny" as I am considering publishing it as a pattern. Thanks for your input.