Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quilted Symphony 2 project begins. . .

Our next art workshop is a second project out of "Quilted Symphony" by Gloria Loughman.  This project reinforces many of the techniques learned in Project 1 and incorporates a new technique on mosaics.  The majority of this project is done as homework with workshop time being dedicated to making the leaf mosaics.
To select my color palette I began with this butterfly for inspiration.
I will cut the butterfly out and applique it to the project once it is pieced together.
I then decided to use white/cream for my project background and the blacks/blues for the leaf backgrounds.  The reds have been selected for the mosaic tiles and leaf details.
Hint:  Tape project sheet to table.
Begin this project with tracing the entire pattern from the project sheet on a tear-away stabilizer.  Put aside for future use.
Hint:  Tape freezer paper over project sheet.
Trace the project sheet once again with the pattern segments only on freezer paper.  Cut the segments apart.  Trace the leaf segments, as these will be embellished, one more time on tear-away stabilizer cutting approximately 5/8" beyond the tracing line.  


I am finding this project to be much simpler than our previous project.  I am not sure if that is because there are fewer steps or because of familiarity with the techniques.  I will have the next step submitted tomorrow.

1 comment:

Water Damage Restoration Lehi said...

Great post, much appreciate the time you took to write this.